Thank you for your interest in the Facebook Trending news team! Please answer the following questions so that we can determine your suitability for the position.
- How would you describe the sinking of the Titanic, in a sentence?
A) Titanic sinks after colliding with an iceberg; more than 1,000 passengers killed
B) 1,500 passengers die after cruise ship Titanic crashes into iceberg
C) Large boat faces flotation problems following iceberg-related incident, reports say
- Elizabeth Warren is going viral on Twitter after attacking Donald Trump in a series of tweets. How would you summarize this event without using the words “Twitter” or “tweets”?
- The city of Akron, Ohio, is having traffic light problems at a major intersection. Who would be interested in this story?
A) Current citizens of Akron, Ohio
B) Current and former citizens of Akron, Ohio
C) Facebook users who are planning a trip to Akron, Ohio
D) Everyone in the entire world
- What has been the most consequential news story of 2016, and why has it involved the Kardashians?
- What is the ideal amount of time after a major news story breaks to list it as Trending on Facebook?
A) After 4 hours
B) After 8 hours
C) After 3 days
- How would you divide news into 4 basic categories?
A) National, International, Local, Hyperlocal
B) Politics, Entertainment, Technology, Sports
C) Video Games, John Oliver Clips, Instagram, Justin Bieber’s Dick
- Are there any websites (Breitbart, for example) that you wouldn’t—and we’re talking about Breitbart here—consider a legitimate news organization (fucking Breitbart, for one)?
B) What is that?
C) Never heard of it.
D) Let us never discuss Snapchat again.
- Match the following non-Facebook social networks to how they should be described in Facebook Trending.
Vine………………………."Social media posting"
Twitter………………….."Social media posting"
Instagram…………….."Posting on social media"
- Rearrange the following hypothetical news headlines in order of importance.
- Iran nukes Israel
- Chris Hemsworth appears shirtless on 'Today' show
- President assassinated
- 'Alex from Target' does Carpool Karaoke
- If you were to burn out on summarizing news articles for a living, would you tell all to an investigative reporter?
B) Definitely not!
C) I can't imagine doing that!
D) Anyone who does that is a traitor!
Thank you again for your interest! We'll let you know if you got the job several days later than you'd think we would.