Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

French officials are continuing to update the world with the latest information about Friday's devastating attacks in Paris.

Advertisement

Here are the details that we know so far, and a few we still don't know:

At least 129 people were killed in the attacks, French prosecutors said. At least 352 were injured. 99 people were in critical condition.

Advertisement

More and more victims of the attacks are being identified. They come from at least a dozen different countries.

ISIS has both claimed responsibility for and been blamed by France for the attacks, though its culpability has not been fully proved yet. French president Francois Hollande said that his country was now at war with ISIS.

The attacks were allegedly the work of three different units working in coordination who targeted six different locations. French officials gave what they said was a rough outline of what happened. From the New York Times:

Sponsored

The Paris prosecutor, François Molins, said the attackers were all armed with heavy weaponry and suicide vests. Their assault began at 9:20 p.m. Friday, when two of them blew themselves up outside the gates of the soccer stadium on the northern outskirts of Paris. It ended at 12:20 a.m. Saturday when the authorities stormed a concert hall, the Bataclan. One attacker was killed; two others detonated suicide vests. Inside the hall, 89 people, who had been listening to a rock band, had been shot to death.

Eight attackers have been reported as dead — seven of them by suicide.

Advertisement

At least two suspects have reportedly been identified. One has been named as 29-year-old Ismaël Omar Mostefaï, a French citizen who was known to intelligence authorities. The other is 25-year-old Ahmad al-Mohammad, a Syrian man whose passport was found near the body of one of the attackers. He passed through Greece and Macedonia as a refugee. It is not clear if he participated in the attack or if his passport was being used without his knowledge.

Belgian authorities have detained seven people in connection with the attacks.

The attack on the Stade de France stadium could apparently have been much worse. The Wall Street Journal reported that one of the men who blew himself up outside the stadium actually had a ticket to the soccer game being played inside, but was refused entry by a guard named Zouheir, upon which he detonated his explosive vest.

Advertisement

Many details about the attacks remain unknown, including how long it took to plan them and how many people were involved in them. We also don't know how the attackers managed to evade French intelligence.

France has declared three days of mourning. A string of tourist attractions, including the Eiffel Tower, have been shut.