If you confine yourself to the realm of the possible, 2015 was a pretty boring year on the presidential campaign trail. A bunch of people gave some speeches, but some other people didn't like those and gave some other speeches. YAWN.
Thankfully, there's an alternate universe where the presidential candidates fought each other with lightsabers, became intimate with each other, and even engaged in some wildly experimental head-hand replacement surgery.
None of these actually happened, of course. But if you frequent forums like Reddit's Photoshop Battles, altered photos of the presidential candidates helped keep you awake during what seemed like the millionth 3-hour Republican debate. Here are some of the most memorable moments of last year's politicking as seen through the eyes of Photoshop.
- Donald Trump and Ted Cruz get put in an uncomfortable position on the Jumbotron.
- Bernie Sanders puts John Cena in his place.
- Chris Christie uses his special attack.
- Hillary Clinton struggles with a finger trap.
- Mike Huckabee eliminates an imposter.
- Rand Paul is unsure of the mayor of Montreuil-sur-Mer.
- Jeb Bush makes a friend.
- Donald Trump wants to know what's going on.
- Ben Carson works on his yo-yo skills.
- Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton put aside their differences to fight kaiju.
- And Ben Carson should stop holding up signs.
- Donald Trump tries out a new hairstyle.https://twitter.com/FigDrewton/status/649187906041577472
- When Bernie met Killer Mike.
- When Hillary wore the wrong color jacket.